Sunday, October 17, 2010

A FRIEND REQUEST

You often hear you can’t change a person but with time people do change, the situations and the circumstances change the people. When you dislike somebody you tend to grow intuitions with what has happened in the past.
Now I am presenting a small story where you would realize how your intuitions don’t let people to accept those whom you dislike. Rehan and Avantika were good friends for years but something between them went wrong and Avantika started disliking Rehan as he fell in love with Avantika…for some reasons Avantika cut all her contacts with all her friends and it was nearly 4 years that should could gain her composure and tried to contact her old friends…when the news of Avantika reached to the ears of Rehan, he was overjoyed as he always wanted Avantika to preserve her friendship with her old friends…Rehan hoped that Avantika would accept her as a friend as she must have forgotten those age old things that went wrong with them…
Rehan gave a small message to Avantika: I don’t know what to say but still I am requesting you…!!! (a request to be a friend)
Avantika declined her request and replied: we can’t be friends…friends don’t hurt people…if this is true that I cannot stop you from loving me then this is also true that you cannot force me to love you…it’s your fault that you cannot take my friendship. You took my friendship in a wrong way. I always considered you to be a good friend but you misunderstood me and our friendship got complicated and everything got messed up. I had tried to make you understand in the past but you didn’t understand…and it’s no use to make things clear now and I don’t even want to make you understand anything now. You have got lot of wrong conceptions about me and I don’t think there is any need to clear those conceptions. One more thing I couldn’t contact my school friends just because of you…as you were looking for me. I thought you would not disturb me anymore and you would leave me alone. That’s why I started contacting my friends…but you are again interfering in my life. It’s my request please stop contacting me and please leave me alone.
Rehan didn’t expect she would reply him in this way…all those past that he had left long ago again appeared to his sight… he had many things to speak but he couldn’t speak anything…he kept on thinking about the words Avantika said to him for days…
1)’Avantika: friends don’t hurt people’, Rehan had never meant to hurt Avantika even in his dreams…he kept on uttering I never wanted to hurt you, I don’t want to hurt you…why will I hurt you?
2)’Avantika: I cannot stop you from loving me, you cannot force me to love you’-in the past Rehan once told Avantika if you don’t marry me I am going to die…Avantika made Rehan to promise that he will never think of committing suicide… and since that day… Rehan never forced Avantika to love her…he even told her if you love somebody else…and if he goes away from you, I will bring that person to you…Rehan couldn’t control his emotions …uttering I just sent you message to be a friend…I am not forcing you…I will never force you.
3)’Avantika: I always considered you to be a good friend’; Rehan couldn’t control his tears uttering the word ‘always’. He spoke to himself if you could at least consider me a friend this time.
4)’Avantika: I had tried to make you understand in the past but you didn’t understand…you have got a lot of wrong conceptions about me and I don’t think there is any need to clear those conceptions’, Rehan could only remember those infinite efforts that he made just to clear those conceptions by talking to her but all his efforts went down in vain as he could never see her in those 4 years.
5)’Avantika: I couldn’t contact my school friends just because of you as you were looking for me’, Rehan asked to himself am I a devil, why is she afraid of me? She knew me all these years, I never had any intentions of hurting her then why did she say like that? It is quite right that I was looking for her…but I never had any wrong intentions I only wanted to clear those misunderstandings…which never got cleared.
6) ‘Avantika: I thought you would not disturb me anymore and you would leave me alone’, Rehan quoted to himself now I have become a disturbing element. A mere friend request disturbs her…
7) ‘Avantika: you are again interfering in my life’, Rehan was speechless…does asking a person to be a friend means interfering in one’s life?
Rehan had so many things to speak but he couldn’t speak any of the above mentioned words just because of the first and the last sentence that Avantika said to him ‘we can’t be friends & It’s my request please stop contacting me and please leave me alone.’
Strange isn’t it…Rehan only asked to be a friend and the entire past came haunting him as a bad dream. People say we shouldn’t cling to those past but sometimes past itself doesn’t leave them. Rehan didn’t know what to do as his hopes of having Avantika as a friend were crashed. He could clearly remember the words when he proposed her 4 years back ‘Avantika I want to say something to you but first promise me you will always be a friend and no matter whatever I say today you will always be a friend.’
It was clear that Avantika hated him; she couldn’t contact her friends just because of him…so Rehan decided to go away not only from Avantika’s life but also from all those common friends…so that she might realize that he never meant to disturb or hurt her. Rehan asked all their common friends not to contact him anymore…when they asked him the reason he could only say… ‘I only want Avantika to be happy’
GOD also gives a second chance…is it wrong to love? Rehan loved Avantika but his love saw him lose a precious friend…Avantika didn’t consider him worthy enough to give a second chance to be a friend…
This is a real life story; I never thought a friend request can change somebody’s life.

8 comments:

  1. nice work....but i think Avanyika has done wrong wt Rehan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not about right or wrong...it's about the truth of life...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is typical reaction from most of the girls.. I know some of them who have been equally rude.. I fail to understand why cannot you just respect someone's feelings. I am friends with a guy who proposed me long back. I did not feel for him the way he did. But we never stopped talking or meeting.He respected my feelings and I respected his. Till date we are friends though he has got married and settled in life. Being so rude to someone was unnecessary and uncalled for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you...This is a real story as i stated above...n i think the girl would marry somebody else sometime in future leaving behind the person heart broken. And as far as i know Rehan, he would be too broken to believe words like 'True Love','Trust', 'Faith', 'Hope' and even 'God' again in his life.

      Delete
    2. That is why I always say If you cannot love someone it is perfectly fine. But please never hurt someone so badly that that person can never love or trust again...!

      Delete
    3. yes...it's really hurting...it conforms a person beyond repair :(
      it's really strange...how can you write exactly what i think off?

      Delete
    4. :)

      I would rather not comment on that!!

      But yes even I am surprised at this...

      Delete
    5. As i said earlier...it must be because we belong to the same planet (not earth off course)...!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...